Give patients a reason to smile by helping dentists improve the appearance and strength of their teeth. Our Dental Laboratory Specialist program gives students the skills to assist dentists with repairing teeth, applying fabrication, constructing impression trays and more. Students will acquire the skills to make:
- Full or partial dentures for patients missing teeth
- Orthodontic appliances and splints
As a training school that offers a dental lab specialist program, ICDC College is proud to teach students basic and advanced techniques in the creation of: complete dentures, partial dentures, bridges, and orthodontics.
Students may earn their dental lab specialist certificate following the completion of this 24 week program. These training courses combine classroom instruction in both theoretical and laboratory practices, industry-specific tech work, and the development of clinical skills that are typically experienced in dental laboratory environments.
While on the job, students may be required to make the following dental appliances:
- full or partial dentures for patients missing teeth
- removable partial dentures or fixed bridges for those who are missing only one or a few teeth
- crowns, which cover the tooth and are designed to restore its original size and shape
- orthodontic appliances and splints used to help straighten and protect teeth
Specialists may also be asked to adjust existing dental appliances to improve either their function or to create a more natural appearance.
Following graduation, students will be qualified for entry-level employment in dental offices, as well as a variety of private and commercial dental laboratories. This program is a wonderful option for students who have an interest in building things with their hands, enjoy technology, and also have an interest in the human body and healthcare, specifically the dental sciences.
The Dental Laboratory Specialist program is available at the following campus location:
- Huntington Park